After a very long time, IHG is offering to status match members with elite status in competing programs.
Disclosure: Some links on this page might be affiliate links.
Join our Telegram channel and get regular updates on bonus points promotions.
IHG Status Match
Few years back, hotel status matches were a big thing. Almost every big hotel group was offering it. And it used to be a great way to attract elite customers from competitors. But then people started misusing it and almost everyone stopped offering it. In fact, Radisson Status Match is probably the only program that offers true status match even now.
However, good news is that now you can get status matched to IHG Rewards Club Gold Elite, Platinum Elite or Spire Elite status, depending on your status with the competing group. You need to register for the offer before June 30th, 2019.
Your status will be valid for 90 days after registration and can be extended till December 2020 by fulfilling the following criteria.
- Stay 10 nights within 90 days to keep Spire Elite Status.
- Stay 5 nights within 90 days to keep Platinum Elite Status.
- Stay 2 nights within 90 days to keep Gold Elite Status.
If you do not meet with required nights criteria, you will be eligible for the tier you did qualify for during the Promotion.
Also read: How to maximize your IHG Rewards earnings?
Valid Competitors for Status Match
- AccorHotels (Le Club Accor)
- Best Western (Best Western Rewards)
- Caesars Entertainment (Caesars Rewards)
- Choice (Choice Privileges)
- Hilton (Hilton Honors)
- Hyatt (World of Hyatt)
- Marriott (Marriott Bonvoy)
- NH Hotel Group (NH Rewards)
- Radisson (Radisson Rewards)
- Wyndham (Wyndham Rewards)
Good to know
- Only 2,500 members will be granted Spire Elite status.
- Spire Elite upgrade will not include the Exclusive Choice Benefit.
- There is no cap for Gold Elite or Platinum Elite.
- Status match is available only once to each member.