Marriott is offering 100% cashback as hotel credits on ITC Luxury Collection hotels in India.
Disclosure: Some links on this page might be affiliate links.
As a part of the Luxury Collection, several ITC hotels can be booked via Marriott.
ITC Hotels is a popular chain of hotels in India, ranging from mid to luxury properties. However, only the higher-end ITC hotels are a part of the Marriott program.
You can book, avail your elite status benefits, earn or redeem points, etc as usual at these ITC properties via your Marriott account.
You can now get 100% cashback on room charges as hotel credits with ITC properties in India.
ITC Room is on Us package.
While booking your stay at any ITC property on Marriott, you can choose a new package called - ‘ROOM is ON US’.
When you book this package, you get the entire room charges as hotel credits. This, of course, excludes the tax portion of your stay.
The rate might seem to be expensive at the first glance compared to the lowest rate available.
However, since you are getting the entire amount as hotel credits, it really doesn’t matter. As long as you are planning to use the entire credit during the stay.
You can use the credit for any hotel-provided service like restaurant bills, in-room dining, SPA, etc.
Certain services are excluded. Mostly the ones where a third-party vendor is involved.
Our Experience with the ‘Room is on Us’ package.
We decided to give this rate a shot. We booked a package for INR 19,000 for two nights at ITC Maratha in Mumbai. We received approximately INR 16,000 as credits. Rest being the tax component.
We were able to adjust all our food bills and a spa session for two against the hotel credits.
It was a smooth process. We just had to remind the gentleman at the check-out desk about our package and he immediately adjusted the entire amount against our cost.
Good to know
- The Credits can be utilized only for Food, Soft beverages, Liquor, Spa, Salon, Laundry (including dry-cleaning), Extra bed, Extra occupant, business centre, Hotel owned car usage, Wifi and Recreational Activities where third party payment is not involved.
- Spending shall be adjusted against Credits at the time of check-out.
- Credits cannot be utilized against any third-party payments, ITH car transfers, Gift hampers/vouchers, room upgrade, Fabelle, Business & Banqueting spends, Tobacco, tips/gratuities and any other goods / services chargeable @ 28% GST.
- All Credits should be utilized during the same stay only. Credits cannot be encashed or carried forward.
- Bills paid directly at any outlet cannot be later adjusted against Credits at the time of check-out.
These hotels are a part of the Luxury Collection. So the food and other services are going to be expensive and sometimes ridiculously overpriced at these hotels.
However, this package can help save a bit (a lot actually).
If you are booking this package, don’t forget to put all your bills to the room. Any bill settled directly won’t be adjusted later.