Travel agents and advisors are an important source of bookings for most hotels. And every good hotel makes sure that they have enough programs and incentives for travel agents to explore their property and recommend them to their clients.
Similar to Marriott, IHG, and Hilton’s Travel Agent programs, Hyatt also offers discounted stays and incentives for travel agents to book for self and to refer their clients to them.
For personal stays of travel agents.
Hyatt offers up to 50% off on room rates for personal stays of Travel Advisors and Travel Agents. This rate is what some other hotels would call Fam Rate, Famtastic Rate, Familiarization Rate, or simply Travel Agent rate.
You can look and book Hyatt Travel agent rates here.
Eligibility and Terms.
- Offer is open to travel agents with a current IATAN, CLIA, or TIDS card.
- An IATAN, CLIA or TIDS card must be presented at the time of arrival.
- Promotional blackout periods may apply.
- Advance booking required.
- Additional guests may be subject to additional hotel charges.
- Additional charges apply to room-type upgrades.
For client bookings.
Hyatt offers a 10% commission to Travel Agents. Use chain code HY in the GDS at the time of booking.
Apart from the commission, travel agents also get access to dedicated teams to help personalize stays, and on-site planners for packages, special offering, VIP guests, etc.
Your clients will earn World of Hyatt points as per the rate booked, and their elite status. They can also make use of the latest World of Hyatt offers, and earn bonus points, upgrades, etc.
You can read more about the program here.