Being an IHG travel agent, like with any other hotel group, has its set of benefits, perks and at the same time - limitations.
Travel industry is hugely dependent on travel agents. Therefore, it makes perfect sense for hotels (and other businesses) to help travel agents experience their property or services and then recommend the same to their clients.
One of the easiest ways is to offer travel agents preferred rates for their personal stays.
The personal travel discount for agents is different from regular commissions earned by travel agents on bookings.
Travel agents and other travel booking consultants get preferred rates at most hotels.
However, IHG or InterContinental Hotel Group offers much better benefits and perks to travel agents than most other hotel groups.
You can view and book IHG Travel Agent rates online. Don’t forget to modify destination and dates before searching.
IHG Travel Agent Rates
- Minimum 35% or more discount on Best Flexible Rates
- 2 rooms allowed per stay for unlimited stays through the year.
- You can even book suites at certain properties with discounted rates.
- Travel industry rates are available at IHG hotels worldwide. So your international travels are also covered.
- Receive IHG Rewards Club points for your stay.
- Most bookings are cancellable and modifiable.
What makes IHG Travel Agent rates better than other programs?
The biggest differentiating factor is that IHG travel agent rates are IHG Rewards Club eligible.
That means you get to enjoy all elite perks, earn points and even participate in IHG Bonus Points Promotions
If you are new to IHG Rewards Club, see how to maximize your IHG rewards earnings..
Most other hotel groups don’t offer reward points to travel agents for booking their personal stays.
And that is a little surprising. Why would a hotel not want a loyal travel professional who books hotels for others for a living?
Travel Agent Promotions
IHG runs exclusive promotions for travel agents from time to time. You can view them all on IHG Travel Agents Promotions page.
Participating IHG Brands
You can get travel agent rates for booking your personal stay at the following IHG brands:
- Regent Hotels
- Six Senses Hotels
- Kimpton Hotels and Resorts
- Crowne Plaza
- voco Hotels
- Hotel Indigo
- Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn club vacations
- Candlewood Suites
- EVEN Hotels and
- Staybridge Suites.
Good to know
- These rates are strictly for travel agents and travel consultants only.
- You can book 2 rooms when you are traveling but can’t book it only for friends or family.
- Valid Travel ID Card is must. And it will definitely be checked during check-in.